5 Tips for your Summer Vacation
Updated: May 29
It’s summer and that vacation you’ve been dreaming about is just around the corner. Exploring your destination will be the best part of the trip, but the journey of getting there can be stressful. That’s where these five tips can help.
1. Arrive early - If you’re traveling by plane, plan on getting to the airport early- very early. We’re all aware of long security lines and the restrictions on what we can bring on planes. De-stress the process by arriving early. Once you’re through security, enjoy your time. Find a good restaurant, read a good book, or enjoy a cocktail (or two) to ease the pre-flight jitters.
2. Dress in layers - When traveling between different climates, dressing in layers really is your best friend. Even if the outside temperature remains consistent, you may visit indoor locations where they are pumping the AC. Again, those layers will come in handy.
3. Purchase tickets in advance - If you’re traveling to a popular summer destination, plan ahead and purchase those tickets early so they don’t sell out. This will also keep you from standing in long lines at the start of the day.
4. Pack the sunscreen - There’s nothing worse than getting sunburned on the first day of your summer vacation. You’ll be miserable for the rest of your trip, so keeping safe in the sun is critical. Be sure to reapply it several times for the best protection.
5. Drink plenty of water - Whether you’re on the beach or the road, staying hydrated will help you enjoy your vacation to its fullest. Carry a reusable water bottle with you and sip it throughout the day. If you think you’ll forget to drink your water, you can set an alarm on your phone to help you remember.
Where are you traveling this summer? We would love to know. And if you haven’t yet decided, reach out. We would be honored to help you plan the perfect summer vacation.
Need help deciding where to go and/ or planning your trip? Contact me today.